Contact the Embassy of the Russian Federation Customer Care/Services Department directly by calling 0871 789 4756 at 13p/min plus access charge, alternativelly use their own local-rate Telephone Number 02072296412 .
Embassy of the Russian Federation Telephone Number / Customer Services Number
This website is a telephone directory/call routing service and is not in any way affiliated with any of the business entities listed. Please note that calls to our 08700 numbers cost 13p/minute and our 08717 numbers cost 13p/minute, plus your phone company’ss access charge where applicable.Our site also provides alternative numbers that include the official numbers as found in their respective websites and other sources. All logos and names are trademarks of respective entities and used for reference only(we are an independent site and are in no way affiliated with any business or government entity listed), all images of third party trademarks are sourced from public domain websites such as Wikipedia etc. Our site is a Phone Number directory and oEmbassy of the Russian Federation
6/7 Kensington Palace Gardens, London, W8 4QP
5 Kensington Palace Gardens, London W8 4QS
ABOUT THE Embassy of the Russian Federation(Embassy of Russia, London)
In 1924 after the establishment of diplomatic relations between the USSR and Great Britain the embassy of the USSR was originally located in the building of the former Imperial embassy – Chesham House which had been rented by the Russian Imperial government for a period of 50 years. It was situated in that house till May, 25th, 1927 when diplomatic relations were suspended by the UK Government. In 1929 after restoration of diplomatic relations with the USSR searches of suitable premises started. In 1930 a South African businessman and “wool millionaire” Sir Lewis Richardson agreed to hand over the private residence, 13 Kensington Palace Gardens, to the Crown for the Soviet embassy.
Initially the terrain of Kensington Palace Gardens belonged to the Kensington palace. In XVII-XVIII centuries this palace, which was at that time a country residence of British kings, played an important role, and currently remains home for some members of the British Royal Family. In 1841, by a special Act of Parliament a “kitchen garden” of 28 acres (about 11 hectares) was cut off from the lands of the Kensington palace and on this “kitchen garden” there was a street – Kensington Palace Gardens gradually acquiring two lines of rich private residences.
No. 13 is one of the biggest houses in the road. The house was constructed in 1852 for Leicester FitzGerald Charles Stanhope, the fifth Earl of Harrington, at a cost of about £15,000. The original design for the exterior for No. 13 was made by Mr. Burton. The works were carried out under the superintendence of Mr. C. J. Richardson. Lord Harrington agreed on condition that he should be allowed to build the house in his favourite style the Gothic. The family of Harrington owned the house until the First World War. Lord Harrington was living in the house by July 1853, and in December 1854 he was granted the lease but then the house began to pass from hand to hand, yet didn’t become Lewis Richardson’s property. On house collars nevertheless long the inscription “Harrington House” still remained and only at placing in it of the Soviet embassy the inscription was painted over and replaced by the number 13.
In 1991 under a Russian-British agreement the rent was extended for 99 years (the Russian side pays for rent an annual symbolical payment in one pound sterling, the British for residence of the ambassador on the Sofiyskaya Embankment in Moscow – one rouble).
The internal interior of a building is typical for the London private residences of second half of 19th century. Despite a number of refurbishments, it substantially remained in its original form. Some of the antiques decorating the halls, including paintings by Russian and Soviet artists were specially brought from Moscow.
The Embassy of Russia in London is the diplomatic mission of Russia in the United Kingdom. The main building and Consular section is located at 5 and 6-7 Kensington Palace Gardens at the junction with Bayswater Road, with the Ambassador’s Residence located in a separate building at 13 Kensington Palace Gardens (Harrington House). Russia also maintains a Defence Attaché’s Office at 44 Millfield Lane, Highgate and an Office of the Trade Representative at 33 Highgate West Hill, HighgateThe embassy of the Russian Empire was located at Chesham Place, Belgravia; this then functioned as the Embassy of the new Soviet Union from 1924-27. Diplomatic relations were suspended during the period 1927-29 and following their resumption the Soviet government moved to the various buildings on Kensington Palace Gardens which were inherited by the Russian Federation following the dissolution of the USSR.
Russian Embassy UK Telephone Number
Russian Embassy UK Phone Number